As our treasured Georgia nonprofit clients know, fundraising is key to every nonprofit’s longevity. So much so, in fact, that many nonprofit executives become obsessed with reaching fundraising goals and hitting numbers. The pressure can become overwhelming.
In addition to metrics, however, Jim Stoynoff, president of Synthesis Solutions LLC revealed the importance of building a sustainable financial future for your organization by using performance indicators and having a “big picture” perspective. Stoynoff’s revelation was noted during the 14th annual Symposium for Nonprofit Professionals and Volunteers at the Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management at North Park University in Chicago.
Stoynoff stressed the importance of the following 5 fundraising performance indicators, as shared in the “5 Performance indicators to Use” article via www.nonprofittimes.com:
- “The nonprofit model’s viability and sustainability. Is the business model viable? Sustainable? Is it differentiated in ways important to those being served?” (Source 1)
- “Leadership. How effective is the organization in staff development and retention, diversification of responsibility throughout the organization, effective use of volunteers, strategic planning and execution, meeting performance goals, learning and innovating?” (Source 1)
- “Performance metrics. Has the organization clearly identified its key performance drivers, mission impacts and ways to measure return on investment (ROI)?” (Source 1)
- “Systems and processes. How is the organization using technology to manage data, translate this data into actionable information, track and report on key performance drivers, impacts and ROI to staff, board, donors, lenders and other constituents.” (Source 1)
- “Board engagement. How effective is the organization in recruiting new board members as needed, clearly stating roles and expectations of board members, fostering and sustaining board engagement/enthusiasm, effectively reporting to the board?” (Source 1)
Source 1: TheNonProfitTimes
If you’re looking for reliable nonprofit insurance Atlanta, we welcome you to contact us! We serve over 150 nonprofits in metro-Atlanta.
Find out how we can serve your nonprofit by making sure you are equipped with the right coverage at the best rate! Click to request your free Georgia nonprofit insurance proposal online or call 888.869.6509 to speak with our commercial and nonprofit insurance problem solvers directly!