An organization’s board can play a very important role. Especially for nonprofits, board involvement is crucial. So how can you be sure your nonprofit has the best board? Here are 5 ways to find and keep the best:
- Figure out who you want to be involved. Ask who has the right skills, connection, diversity, and influence.
- Ask yourself why they qualify for the position. Why do they deserve to be on the board?
- Figure out why they would want to be involved. Make sure they know what they will be doing and why they are needed.
- “Pick the right time to get a commitment. Ask. Wait. Follow up.”
- Show appreciation towards your board members. Remember that they have volunteered and want to be given credit and feel celebrated.
“5 Ways to Keep the Best Board Members – The NonProfit TimesThe NonProfit Times.” The NonProfit Times. N.p., 25 June 2015. Web. 21 July 2015.